Wow, the festivities are almost in touching distance, so before I go and launch myself into a pile of mince pies, I want to share something with you that has been endlessly rewarding for me as I create this life that I love!
This year has been another extraordinary one for me and from this vantage point, it looks completely different from the way it began! At the start of 2018, I was in a relationship which we decided to bring to a close, it was sad but it was the right thing to do by us both. I was part of a business project that I realised no longer aligned with most wanted to create in my life and so I made the decision to leave. And probably most life-changing of all, the day after deciding to leave the business, I lost my beautiful Aunt, one of the most important people in my life. I saw her take her very last breath and learned lessons as a result of her passing that quite considerably changed the trajectory of my life.
To say that this year has been filled with a few challenges, ones created of my own accord and ones thrust upon me, would be an understatement. Even though it was one of my most heartbreaking years, it was also one of my most elating and creative. So much so that the beginning of 2018 feels like it was almost 2 to 3 years ago now!
One activity, in particular, has supported and allowed me to live and create my life in a truly meaningful way and that has been the process of constant review and creation. Reviewing my years, months, weeks, even days and planning what I most desire to create has been one of the key components of creating a life I truly adore and feels like it is happening at an exponential rate and so I wanted to share this with you.
As we enter into the festive period, it’s so easy to get caught up in the craziness of the season and sometimes forget what this time is all about. It is a time of birth, creation and hope for the potential within each and every one of us to create and live in a world that is truly extraordinary.
So, why not jump into your favourite PJs, grab a hot drink and settle down in the cosiest place you can find and gift yourself with the opportunity to reflect on the year gone by in the most loving way and get ready to create a powerful year ahead. I know I most definitely will be.
Below is are the review questions I have set my clients and will be reviewing with them in the New Year to help them create their powerful year and as I was doing that for them, I knew it would be of great service to share this with you too.
If you choose to take part in this review, here some points to note before you get started:
- In these questions, I refer to mistakes, failures, challenges, risks and more. In my own life, I have made making mistakes, failure and setting challenge an essential, they are the very best teachers. When completing your review, these questions are not here for you to self-blame or self-shame yourself in any way. Instead, they are here to create a place to very lovingly and honestly learn from all of those trips and falls of the past year. These can be the biggest source of power and leverage to create an entirely new and unprecedented experience for yourself in 2019
- Also, when answering these questions, get really specific. The more tangible your examples and responses are, the more evidence you will have of the life you have created over the last year and what skills you can call upon to create even more in the year ahead
Enjoy the process, you deserve it: a beautiful and powerful New Year awaits so go and create it!
Finally, I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thank you for being a tremendously important part of my year! I am eternally grateful for our connection and long may it continue.
Now let’s do this! xxx
1. This year, I enjoyed life most when…
2. What were my 3 biggest accomplishments in 2018? And why?
3. What were my 3 biggest mistakes in 2018? And what did I learn as a result?
4. What was the biggest challenge I faced and/or set myself last year? What did I learn from it?
5. What was the biggest risk I took last year? What did I learn from it?
6. My single biggest insight from 2018 is…
1. Which aspect of my life do I love the most?
2. Which aspect of my life do I dislike the most? What am putting up with in my life that I just don’t need to be?
3. Where am I consistently failing?
4. What’s missing from my life? And how have I been keeping it out of my life over the past year?
5. If I could jump in a time machine to the beginning of 2018, what is the one piece of specific advice I would give myself that could have changed the outcome of this year?
1. Over the next 2 years; what is the life I would love to create that seems impossible right now? (Write this as if it has already happened, this is really important!)
2. What is the biggest obstacle I face to creating the life I want?
3. What do I need to sacrifice in order to make sure I create my dream life?
4. If 2 years from today I felt disappointed with the results I had created over this time, why would that be? (Often, if we’re honest with ourselves, we know way in advance why we’re going to fail at something, so it’s best to weed it out now so we know what we’re going to do about it!)
5. If I were to have Arti’s* support over the next 12 months, what would I love to create during that time as a direct result?
*feel free to sub this with a teacher, mentor, another coach, family, friend, your number one raving fan, basically anyone that wants to see you rise! And if you want to send it to me then just click here and share, I’d love to hear what you’re most excited about creating next year!
And let’s end with a very Ms. World style question:
6. If the universe granted me one wish for my life, what would I ask for?
And that’s a wrap! But it’s also just the beginning…
Feel free to share this with anyone you know who could also benefit from this kind of reflection and creation too xxx